Saturday, January 31, 2015

"Aline" الطفولة 2012

 
"Aline"   الطفولة 2012
My childhood friend, whom I had not seen since I was 13 years old, surprised me by coming to America from Egypt.  A picture flashed in my spirit.  It was a picture of innocence, when I lived for the day and not having a care in the world.  This is what I ended up painting. It's not my usual style of strong lines and colors, because it could not be.  It is a memory and a fantasy of returning to an ethereal gentle time, where little girls played and didn't give tomorrow a second thought.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful memory and beautiful painting!! It made me sigh and think of my own childhood friends, there was one called Katherine, we used to spend our art classes in school going into the school fields to paint, but instead we would lie on the grass and make imaginary pictures out of the summer clouds in the sky. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, summer clouds floating by.... I think they are a gift. No matter what language we speak or which continent we live on, clouds talk to us!

    ReplyDelete