Monday, February 2, 2015

Faith Is Evidence

"Faith Is Evidence" 2013
I decided to post this today as an act of defiance and close fisted rebellion. February 2nd was my least favorite day.  It was the last day my feet felt wet grass.  The day I sat in a wheelchair.  So I painted this in rebellion against a disease, against pain, and against anything that paralyzes and confines the magnificent human body that was created for movement... for leaping and belly dancing to the perfect percussion of a magical Egyptian drum... for splashing around in a salty sea... for riding a horse.  So this is by no means sad, it is a celebration of what could be.  My husband says that I don't have a cynical bone in my body, okay very good then... here's to the possible and the probable.  Impossible is such an overused and boring word.  

2 comments:

  1. The human spirit knows no boundaries and you are living proof of this!! Your painting is beautiful in colour and expression! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful comment. I try to dance on the inside!

    ReplyDelete